1. Protect and also Weatherproof! One of the most efficient A/C system in the world can not make up for an improperly shielded home. Drafty door and window seals as well as under-insulated attic rooms and also outside walls can cause your HEATING AND COOLING to work double-time trying to keep up.
2. Not all heating, air flow and also cooling (COOLING AND HEATING) tools is equivalent. As much as fifty percent of the energy utilized in your home goes to heating and cooling. So making wise decisions about your home's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a big result on your energy expenses-- and your comfort.
3. Heating and cooling costs make up virtually half the residence's overall energy bill. If your central air conditioning unit is greater than One Decade old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency design could reduce your air conditioning expenses by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a higher seasonal power effectiveness ratio (SEER) than standard versions, that makes them about 14% extra effective compared to common models. The greater the SEER, the greater the performance. Considering that sizing and correct setup of a central air system are crucial to power effectiveness and also house convenience, it is necessary to employ a certified specialist.
5. Heatpump that get approved for the Smart Energy Savers Program have a greater seasonal energy effectiveness ratio (SEER) as well as home heating seasonal performance variable (HSPF) than typical designs, makings them regarding 8% percent a lot more effective compared to conventional brand-new designs and also 20% more effective compared to what you might currently have in your residence.
6. Natural gas heating systems getting rebates have annual gas application efficiency (AFUE) scores of 92%, or greater, making them approximately 15% more efficient than common versions. One in four furnaces in U.S. houses today is greater than Two Decade old. Certifying gas heaters use advanced technology to provide greater effectiveness compared to typical brand-new heaters available today.
7. High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment gotten approved for the BGE rebate meet or exceed the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® requirements for item performance.
8. When is it time to change your main cooling and heating system?
When your equipment needs constant repair services as well as your energy expenses are boosting.
When your heat pump or air conditioning system is more than 10 years old. Take into consideration changing it with a newer, more power effective equipment that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate efficiency degrees
When your furnace is greater than 15 years old. Consider changing it with a newer, extra energy-efficient heating system that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program refund efficiency degrees.
9. Although these products check here can be a lot more expensive to buy up front, the expense distinction will be repaid in time via lower power bills. Make sure to ask your contractor regarding Smart Energy Savers Program Home Heating & Cooling Refunds which could considerably help in reducing the difference in cost in between basic and also high-efficiency items.
10. Proper upkeep could go a long way in preventing future cooling and heating system troubles. Ask your contractor regarding yearly pre-season exams. Contractors typically obtain really busy during summertime as well as cold weather, so it's a good idea to check the cooling system in the spring as well as the heater in the loss.